Oops! You have forgotten something that you must do, which is medical care and health insurance.
1. Why do I need health insurance for foreigners?
- Health insurance for foreigners is necessary for obtaining visa and residence requirements for living in the Czech Republic. The health insurance options include cover for comprehensive or necessary health care.
Non-EU nations, as foreigners in the Czech Republic, long-term residents and students need to make health insurance. For most of the time, many people underestimate the health insurance, this medical care is practical and obligatory. Otherwise if you do not have health insurance, your treatment will cost much more. So health insurance will save your money and provide you efficient health care in the Czech Republic. Livingin.cz is ready to help you out, you can buy insurance online by clicking here in cheapest and fastest way.
There are two types of health insurance which will fulfill your requirements. One is basic medical insurance for necessary and urgent care, this travel medical insurance is made by someone who stays in the Czech Republic less than 90 days. Another one is comprehensive medical insurance. This insurance can be made by students, Erasmus students, and interns. Also the ones who plan to stay long-term in the Czech Republic.
2. What is the difference between the travel and health insurance?
- Health insurance for foreigner is determined for foreigners which travel to the Czech Republic. Travel insurance is determined for travel abroad from Czech Republic.
3. What are health insurance types/options?
- You can choose between Comprehensive insurance for foreigners or as Foreigners’ Necessary and Urgent Healthcare Insurance. Make sure your selected insurance type matches the immigration offices’ requirements. If not sure, select the comprehensive health care insurance, which generally suffices.
4. Why should I choose UNIQA?
- UNIQA insurance company is the biggest private insurance company in the Czech Republic offering travel and health insurance to foreigners. You receive nonstop assistance, care, and top quality products.
5. Is this insurance valid in whole EU/Schengen?
- Yes, it can be. You may choose to be covered only in the Czech Republic, or also the Schengen zone as well. In the Schengen zone, the Foreigners’ Necessary and Urgent Healthcare insurance is always valid.
6. How can I purchase health insurance for foreigners?
- Online through website here or at a UNIQA branch (for payment in cash).
7. How do I need to have the health insurance and hold relevant documentation?
- For the duration of your stay in the Czech Republic (or until are covered by public insurance).
8. Can I purchase my insurance online?
- Yes, via our website here.
9. How many days is the minimum I can to purchase?
- Basic = min.1 month
- Komplex, Komplex extra and Komplex+ = min. 3 month
- Komplex2 = min. 12 month
10. How can I extend my insurance?
- This can only be done by arranging a new insurance policy.
11. How much does it cost?
- Each policy will depend on the individual (age / length stay etc.). Find the best price here.
12. Is there any discount for students/interns?
- Yes, we offer pricing benefits to students.
13. When do I need to pay for my health insurance?
- Payment must be made when concluding the contract.
14. Can I pay via credit / debit card?
- Yes, when you purchase your insurance online.
15. Can I pay by Paypal?
- Yes, it is possible when purchasing online.
16. Can I pay monthly / yearly?
- No, payment for each policy must be made in one payment at the time the policy is arranged.
17. Do you also provide liability insurance with the health insurance?
- Yes, it is possible to also purchase liability insurance with your insurance for foreigners.
18. Is there any discount when I buy for long-term?
- We offer our best prices for every type of contract, as such it is not necessary to buy long term to receive the best price.
19. What is covered / which services are included under the insurance policy?
- COMPLEX – Includes emergency and rescue services, transportation to the hospital, diagnosis and treatment, and necessary and urgent health procedures. You can select a sum for insurance cover of up to 75 000 EUR for each insured event.
- BASIC – Includes emergency and rescue services, transportation to medical facilities, diagnosis and medical treatment as well as urgent and necessary medical services. You can select a sum for insurance cover of up to 60 000 EUR for one insured event.
20. Is there any limit for illness?
- For each insured event, the maximum amount is 75 000 EUR.
21. What to do when I need to visit a doctor?
- Contact our assistance service CORIS (261 222 444, email@example.com).
22. Which hospitals can I go?
- You can check the list of contractual medical facilities online, but we suggest you first contact the CORIS assistance service.
23. Which documents do I have to take with me when I go to doctor?
- You will need some form of acceptable identification (e.g. passport) and a copy of your assistance card with the policy number.
24. What should I first do when I become ill?
- Just contact CORIS and they will be happy to help you.
25. Can I use ambulance?
- Of course, if it is necessary you can use ambulance.
26. Can I go to dentist for a regular check (and/or other regular medical checks?)
- The Comprehensive care policy includes some regular checks. The number of checks can be different for each policy, you have the option of can choosing what you need.
27. Which documents do you need for recovering payments back it to me?
- An insurance claim report, and the relevant medical reports (contact CORIS assistance service)
28. Is my health insurance also covering medicine from the pharmacy?
- Of course, if doctor prescribes medicine, the insurance will cover it.
29. What should I do before going to Prague?
After arranging your insurance we would like to provide you some useful tips about your insurance. Firstly, you should download the insurance documents to your computer right after you purchase your insurance because you will not receive an email with document and you will not be able to find documents again. Read and check them beforehand. Secondly, keep your health insurance card always with you during your staying, in case of emergency or sometimes if necessary you need to show it to foreigner police.
30. What should I do in an accident moment?
Now you are ready to go the Czech Republic. Now you arrive in Prague, capital city of the Czech Republic, you are enjoying the famous cultural attractions, drinking Czech beer and tasting Czech cuisine, feeling the historical atmosphere of the city, meeting new people, studying your lessons and going to theatre, opera, concerts and exhibitions. Oh no! Your clumsy friend, has an accident and hurts himself. As you and your friend have insurance, you can easily see doctor. But before seeing doctor, you should know some practical information about what to do.
You know that you need to keep your insurance card with you, so don’t forget that! Know the limits of your insurance or else if it does not cover your treatment, you may need to pay for it later (for example: it covers dentist expenses.). If something happens to you, call the number on your health insurance contract, ask them which doctors and hospitals they have agreement with. Otherwise if they do not have agreement with hospitals/doctors, your medical insurance will not cover it. Lastly in any situation spell your name, insurance contract number and contact number correctly. Not to live hard times because of medical care, click here to buy one from our website.
As Livingin.cz we offer you three insurance companies. Uniqa, Slavia and Maxima are the biggest insurance companies of the Czech Republic. By clicking here, you can choose the one which suits you most. If you are a student, you will also get a discount!
Contact us for your further questions about medical health insurance in the Czech Republic via: